If you have a desire to create a unique and spectacular website or landing page, based on the WordPress, Drupal or Joomla platforms, you obviously need to discover more about AngularJS.
How to debug AngularJS, which actual tools you should use and how to run a program in the real time? Look for developer’s tips below.
Are you going to debug AngularJS? How to do it quickly
Basic building components of AngularJS framework are controllers, filters, services, models and views. There are 3 simple debugging methods:
For debug your AngularJS use applications from the Google Chrome web store or official apps from the sites. While you using Chrome try shortcut with special developer tools. Find necessary element, click on it in the browser menu, and select needful element. Now you are inside the service. Call the “debugger” and freeze application in a correct way.
When debugging process of the application code is finished, make sure, you removed this line to prevent your browser freezing, even in production.
Chrome has nice shortcuts for the debugging different apps from the console.
- get access to scopes;
- check the scope tree;
- access controller for directive;
- use shortcuts for a debugging app in the Chrome.
Sometimes you may want to monitor the values in ngModel when you are writing a directive. Use controller model for checking necessary features and formats.
This may seem obvious, but we often forget about it. If you need to figure out which controller is responsible for a section of the page, just look for the ng-controller attribute in the DOM. If you don’t see one, go up one level and look again.
Tools for debugging of the AngularJS
Look for 4 effective debugging tools below! All of them have their specific features, what tool will you choose?
- Angular Batarang official extension is one of the last released tools for the Angular apps. This extension allows to user look at scopes, dependencies and other significant key metrics in Angular apps. To install Batarang download the application from the
- Ng-inspector – an extension for Chrome, Firefox and Safari browsers. It helps you understand and develop your AngularJS framework and makes the debugging process much easier and mobile.
- AngScope – not the official extension of the Firebug for Firefox. It allows you to track scope, which binds to the DOM element.
AngularJS framework is magically in usage and has its own wisdom – every part of the code should be testable, reserved and reusable. Increase your analytical skills, reusability and productivity, an application is working quickly and correctly.
Now you know all debugging tricks of the Angular framework. With them you can access the data for any scope on the page and inspect its hierarchy and control directives.
Enjoy your development!